Well, it's Saturday night and I leave town early tomorrow for a *cruise,* so I wanted to post a follow-up about my commitment to loveliness. I'm afraid it was harder than it sounded, friends!
1) Moisturize my skin daily. Done. Now - how much longer til the wrinkles start to go away?!
2) Drink more water. Not so great. Truth be told, I don't enjoy drinking water...but I did try for one glass a day (this is in addition to coffee and tea).
3) Give the house an extra good cleaning before I leave town Sunday. This one really didn't get done. At all. I had plenty of work and some other things come up, so I wasn't twiddling my thumbs, but...
4) Extend peace and love to my family. Done. I wanted to be able to leave town without any guilt. :) Hubby did comment that the refrigerator looked bare...and it does. This is also a good time for him to see a little of what I do. You know, when I'm not twiddling my thumbs.
5) Get a manicure. Another selfish thing, but done! AND I feel like my hands are pretty. I even added a hair cut and a new pair of jeans to this.
Next week's loveliness list is going to be a little less self-serving.
I am packed, but can't figure out the purse thing. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love purses. BUT none of them seem quite right for the cruise. I'm thinking that it's 10:30 and I have 9.5 hours til we leave and I DO have time to shop...but...nah.
And now I need to forget the purse issue and go to sleep. I am excited and nervous all rolled up into one! My bag is stocked with Dramamine and the like, enough clothes to be gone about 3 weeks, and a camera with an empty memory card.
Blessings to you all. I will try to bring home some warm sunshine from Mexico. :o)