My playlist:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Give her a chance, folks

Wow - I'm amazed at the backlash Sarah Palin is receiving.  People have determined that she's not cut out for the job and Senator McCain is doing America a huge disservice by bringing her on board.  "She should be at home raising her children."  "It's not fair to her newborn son or pregnant teenage daughter."  Wow.  Give her a chance, folks.  She has done nothing but prove to be capable in all of her other endeavors.  Having a pregnant 17 year old certainly won't change her ability to step in as President, should something happen to John McCain.  The bottom line is that she is a working mom, not so very different from many families.  She is good at what she does and maybe, maybe that just makes some people nervous.

7 comments:

Danell said...

Amen to that Cheryl! How disheartening it is to hear the complete and utter disrespect of a candidate not only by the media but also by fellow candidates. I have also posted a lengthy rant on my blog about this same subject as well.

Generous Kitchen said...

I'm amazed, and pleased to hear such words from you. I would have thought, (obviously I was incorrect) that you would have been one wanting her home raising those children. Neither side is good or bad...wonder when we're gonna get that? Thanks for your words...it gave me more insight to you. (you're a very complicated woman!)

Mindy said...

Well said! Last night's speech was really the first I've seen or heard or anything of her and I loved her. She's awesome! She has a beautiful family and what looks like a great support system.

PS Thanks for stopping by my blog and helping me with the forgetfulness tips. They were great!

Thurman8er said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'll be very happy when both sides (one in particular) stop spending all their time and money bashing the OTHER side and start telling us exactly what it is they plan to DO.

Melissa said...

Thank you.... they would never say that if it was a man. Her husband is a stay at home dad... yet they still feel she apparently can't work. I am all for having a parent at home to the raise the children, but I dont care which one. Palin is great, being an Alaskan I can say... WE LVOE HER. She has done some amazing things. And I am so frusterated that the media continues to say "how come she isn't at home".... her husband is watching the kids while she works, just like many other couples. I don't see the problem. People are just desperate to find anything wrong with her. I am not a McCain fan, but I am a Palin :)

Cheryl said...

I'm not even a big politics fan, but do think she has done some amazing things and shows a strength and freshness that will be good for America. Mostly...I just want each candidate to spell out WHAT they will do and HOW they intend to do it so we can each make education decisions on how to cast our vote.

Totallyscrappy said...

Sing it, Girl!!