My playlist:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 1, 2009

Company Girl Coffee ~ May 1, 2009

Picture2Happy May Day!  When I was little, we celebrated several May Days by taking strawberry baskets, decorating with ribbon, and filling with cookies or flowers and delivering to several of the elderly people in our neighborhood.  My mom was the best! 

My morning consisted of making blueberry pancakes for the kids ... then I'm babysitting a 5 year old until she goes to afternoon kindergarten ... then I have got to clean this house!  No big weekend plans, except that 17yo heard her friends saying they're all coming over tomorrow night.  I honestly love it when they're here.  They may be noisy, messy, and eat a lot, but they're in my home and I know what they're doing (and what they're NOT out doing).  So what if it costs me a little more in groceries...it's well worth it.

Time to get ready for Katie, the 5 year old.  We'll go feed the goslings at the ponding basin up the street.

Have a blessed day!

Cheryl

Praying today for:  M.G. (11 year old hurt in auto wreck); T.J. (young mother with toxic shock syndrome - body is beginning to respond to treatment); J.F. (financial needs); Praise: D.M. (congestive heart failure) is recovering!; N. (job)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate May! Unfortunately, I think a lot of my neighbours would be too suspicious of my cookies to enjoy them. Our world is definitely regressing!

Have a great weekend, Cheryl :)

One More Equals Four said...

Sounds like a great day! Enjoy that little girl and a clean house...I hope I have one of those someday!

Anonymous said...

When I was working with the youth group, they always left a mess to clean up with I had them over, but it was great fun and definitely good to know where they are and what they are doing. Hope you had fun feeding the goslings. We're expecting rain sometime soon over this way I hear. Have a great weekend!

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Wow strawberries and cookies sound amazing. I really want some now. :)

Rachel Anne said...

I love having the teenagers hang out. Yeah, they are messy, but you're right...it's well worth it. It's also a good way to get to know the kids your kids are hanging out with. My oldest daughter married one of her hangout friends :)

Your day actually sounded pretty heavenly. A 5 year old and gosling feeding. Nothing like a preschooler to brighten your day. We put birdfeeders out and have been amazed at the action around them! Incredibly fun to see the birds.

Have a great week!!

secondofwett said...

Oh I'd love to deliver some flowers...next year for sure! I bet they were appreciated!

L2L said...

Hummm.. never thought of celebrating May Day that way!!! Guess we'll have to try that next year!!!!! Wonderful idea!!! Thanks for dropping in!!!!

mholgate said...

My mom used to let us all hang out at my house when I was a teen and all my friends thought she was the coolest mom ever! I hope my kids' friends want to hang out at our house when they are teens too.

Hope you had a great time feeding the goslings! Have a great week!

Melissa